Caring. Compassionate. Results Oriented.
Mark D. Reed
- Debt Matters
- Family and Juvenile
- Criminal and General Will
- Small Estate Planning
Mark D. Reed has worked with the Marberry Law Firm, P.C. in Urbandale, Iowa since July of 2009. Previously he helped form the law firm of Reed & Epping, P.C. in October of 1997.
Mr. Reed practices in the areas of bankruptcy and debt matters, small business, family and juvenile, criminal, and general will, small estate planning and probate. Mr. Reed is also a certified family law mediator. He also has experience in the area of appeals in both state and federal courts. Mr. Reed is licensed in the Iowa Supreme Court, the Federal Courts for the Northern and Southern District of Iowa and the federal Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Reed has lectured for continuing legal education seminars provided to other lawyers in the State of Iowa in the areas of juvenile law and debtor/creditor law.
Mr. Reed is also a long standing member of the board of directors of a large Midwestern credit union with offices in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin whose mission is to serve the underserved.
1997-2009 Co-owner Reed & Epping, P.C. Trial attorney state-wide law firm practicing in commercial, bankruptcy, general corporate, general employment, collections, personal injury, domestic, criminal and appeals. State and Federal practice. Major corporate clients included Citibank and AT&T, Arcadia/TranSouth, MetLife, and Harley Davidson and local counsel for Account Recovery, Inc., Merchant Creditor Adjustors, ARL Credit Services, Rosman Adjustment Company and Kohner, Mann & Kailas.
1993-1997 Senior Trial Attorney, Bertroche Law Offices Senior trial attorney in state-wide law firm practicing in commercial, bankruptcy, general corporate, general employment, collections, personal injury, domestic, criminal and appeals. State and Federal practice.
1987-1993 Associate Attorney, Douglas V. Coonrad, P.C. First associate in three member firm as litigator in civil and criminal practice with emphasis in criminal, domestic, juvenile, collections, bankruptcy, and commercial.
1985-1987 Associate Attorney, Rausch Law Office First associate trained in all areas of trial, appellate, and office practice; responsible for research, investigation, discovery, trial preparation, and trial of all cases including personal injury, commercial, corporate, bankruptcy, criminal domestic, employment, and probate.
Current Employment Position
- Reed & Epping, P.C., Co-owner, 1997 to 2009
- Bertroche Law Offices, Senior Trial Attorney, 1993 to 1997
- Douglas V. Coonrad, P.C., Associate Attorney, 1987 to 1993
- Rausch Law Office, Associate Attorney, 1985 to 1987
- University of Iowa Law School, Barcelona
- J.D. - 1985
- Honors: Past member, ISBA project coordinator juvenile law committee on children in the middle
- Honors: Present member, Iowa State and Colorado Bar Associations
- Honors: Past member, Iowa Association for Justice
- Honors: Van Oosterhout Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Honors: Environmental Law Society Vice-President
- Honors: Current member, ISBA Family and Juvenile Law Section Joint Physical Care Work Group
- Honors: Past member, Colorado Bar Association
- Cornell College
- B.A. - 1982
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean’s List – six semesters
- Honors: Class of 1982 Permanent Class Secretary-Treasurer
- Honors: Cornell Letterman – football, track
- Honors: Cornell Letterman Club President/Vice-President
- Honors: Gamma Tau Pi Fraternity
- Honors: Volunteer Special Olympics
- Honors: Sierra Club
- Iowa, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 1993
- Colorado, 1993